UGANDA PEO & EOR
Hire in Uganda without a local entity today
As a Global PEO & EOR service provider, we pride ourselves on our global reach, in-country knowledge, and ability to swiftly and efficiently mobilize workers around the world. Our robust PEO/EOR covers everything from global HR, payroll, compliance, in-country support, immigration, visas, and more.
Get started and hire in Uganda today with Procorre Global.
DID YOU KNOW
- Uganda is home to breath-taking sights including the largest freshwater lake in Africa, the strongest waterwall, and the largest number of primates.
- Uganda is also home to most of the world’s endangered species of mountain gorilla.
- Winston Churchill referred to Uganda as the ‘pearl of Africa’, describing it as a ‘fairy tale with unique environmental attributes’.
Uganda PEO Services
A multitude of sectors open for investment and development
Working in Uganda
Uganda’s major industries are mostly in processing, including agricultural products like tobacco, tea, sugar, coffee, cotton, grains, and dairy products. The nation has a GDP of $37.37bn, which has experienced steady growth since the mid-2000’s.
The standard working hours in Uganda are 8 hours per day across 48 hours per week. In some cases, employees may be required to work overtime. Overtime hours generally cannot exceed 10 total hours per day (or fifty-six per week).
According to Uganda’s 2006 Employment Act, employees are eligible for sick leave following two months of consecutive employment. The standard sick leave in Uganda amounts to 30 days with full pay, and 30 further days with half pay. Termination of employment contracts are permissible once the sick leave period is exhausted.
Four weeks of maternity leave is also provided following the birth of a child. In some cases, maternity leave can be extended for a further four weeks (in the event of illness or birth-related complications). Male employees are also entitled to four days of paid paternity leave following the birth of a child.
Uganda’s public holidays include:
- New Year’s Day
- NRM Liberation Day
- Archbishop Janani Luwum Memorial Day
- International Women’s Day
- Good Friday
- Easter Monday
- Labour Day
- Eid al-Fitr
- Uganda Martyrs’ Day
- National Heroes’ Day
- Father’s Day
- Eid al-Adha
- Independence Day of Uganda
- Christmas Day
- Boxing Day
Visas and Taxation
Employees are obliged to contribute 5% of their gross salary to the national social security fund. Employers must also contribute 10% of each employee’s salary accordingly.
All visas and work permits are approved within two to three working days. In some circumstances, additional documentation may be required to verify an expatriate’s request. Most applicants are advised to submit their application at least five working days before they relocate.
The dominant religion in Uganda is Christianity, with around 85% of the population adhering to this faith. Islam is the other major religious group of Uganda, which the remaining 15% of the population adhere to.
The official languages of Uganda are English and Swahili.